Luscious Chocolate Cake
- 10 people
- Preparation Time
- 20 minutes
- Cooking Time
- 45 minutes
- 185g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 2 tbsp NESTLÉ Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250g PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 200g butter
- 50g PLAISTOWE Premium Dark Cooking Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup cream
What makes this cake so good? Perhaps it’s the rich layer of chocolate inside, or the spread of melted chocolate on top.
How to Make
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm deep round cake tin.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time then beat in PLAISTOWE Rich Dark Cooking Chocolate.
3. Fold in sifted NESTLE Baking Cocoa and flour alternately with milk.
4. Spoon into prepared tin and bake 45-50 minutes until cooked.
5. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
1. Whilst cake is cooking, melt PLAISTOWE Rich Dark Cooking Chocolate and butter together. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until of spreading consistency.
1. Combine cooled PLAISTOWE Rich Dark Cooking Chocolate and cream and beat until thick.
2. Cut cake in half and sandwich together with the chocolate filling. Spread icing over cake then serve decorated with more chocolate if desired.
NOTE: Allow cooling time.